Summary of WebERA Project Partner Survey Results

Major activities of the WebERA grant included web programming, site design and development, and ongoing interaction with our research partners to determine what functions and features of a web-based environmental risk management system would be most valuable to users. They were also rating the newly available PEM2 datalogger and its companion PEMdata.com website. At the close of the project the majority of the project partners completed a survey form. These are the summary results:

PEM2 datalogger

  • 93% said they would continue to use PEM2s for environmental monitoring. The vast majority found the PEM2 easy to use, accurate and reliable.

PEMdata.com site

  • 70% found it easy to use to organize and manage data.
  • 50% found it easy to use for data analysis.
  • 100% were positive about the ease of data upload and import.
  • 92% were positive about the presentation of data.

MyClimateData.com – the online system used and developed during the WebERA Project

  • 90% found it easy to use to organize and manage data.
  • 93% found the system easy to use for data analysis.
  • 100% were positive about the ease of data upload and import.
  • 86% were positive about the presentation of data.
  • 69% were positive about the hierarchical organization of locations.
  • 85% expect to continue use of the online system; the other 15% said long term use was dependent on the costs involved.

Environmental Risk Ratings

  • 62% found them very useful, 38% found them somewhat useful.

Shown below, the Environmental Risks rate the risk of decay based on the environment in the space. The table identifies which materials in the space may be at risk of decay.

 

Preservation Metrics

  • 62% found them very useful, 38% found them somewhat useful.
  • 77% found the Mold and Corrosion metrics easy to understand.
  • 54% found the Chemical Decay (TWPI) metric easy to understand.
  • 58% found the Dimensional Change (%DC, EMC Min and EMC max) metrics easy to understand.

The table below compares data and preservation metrics from eight monitored locations. Areas of risk are automatically highlighted in red.

Preservation Metrics Table

 

There are other challenges we continue to address. These include simplifying the start up process for new users and developing better static and customizable reports for a range of institutions.