- Environmental Management
- Testing & Standards
- Imaging & Information Media
- PEM2 Datalogger
- PEM2 USB Flash Drive
- eClimateNotebook Basic
- eClimateNotebook Basic Plus
- eClimateNotebook Professional
- eClimateNotebook Professional Plus
- A-D Strips
- IPI MSQR
- Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints
- IPI’s Guide to Sustainable Preservation Practices
- New Tools for Preservation
- Permanent Images: A Personal and Technical Memoir
- Pioneers of Photography Book
- Photographic Negatives Poster
- Motion Picture Film Poster
- Ordering Information
IPI Media Storage Quick Reference
IPI Media Storage Quick Reference, Peter Z. Adelstein (2009), 2nd Edition. This publication distills key preservation issues for still and motion picture film, glass plate negatives, magnetic tape, photographic paper prints, inkjet prints, CDs, and DVDs. The guide helps the user better understand how the storage environment affects them, both individually and in mixed collections. The IPI Media Storage Quick Reference was created for today's collection-care professionals, who must provide long-term preservation-quality storage for a growing diversity of collection materials — often in a single storage area.
The booklet's text, diagrams, and tables present the information in an easily accessible format. Side One of the two-sided wheel offers a medium-by-medium overview of preservation issues, recommendations, and guidance on the suitability of four typical storage environments (ROOM, COOL, COLD, and FROZEN). Side Two is a guide to the types and dates of use of plastic supports commonly used for various film and magnetic tape media.
10 pages, comb-bound, includes two-sided wheel.