- Environmental Management
- Testing & Standards
- Imaging & Information Media
- PEM2 Datalogger
- PEM2 USB Flash Drive
- eClimateNotebook Basic
- eClimateNotebook Basic Plus
- eClimateNotebook Professional
- eClimateNotebook Professional Plus
- A-D Strips
- IPI MSQR
- Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints
- IPI’s Guide to Sustainable Preservation Practices
- New Tools for Preservation
- Permanent Images: A Personal and Technical Memoir
- Pioneers of Photography Book
- Photographic Negatives Poster
- Motion Picture Film Poster
- Ordering Information
- The Atlas of Water Damage on Inkjet-printed Fine Art
Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints
Care & Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints has been out of print for five years, but demand for this educational, popular text has remained high. Used copies have sold on the web for as much as $400! IPI is happy to bring you a new printing of the original publication for $60.
Order soon – this is a limited run!
This book contains everything one needs to:
Over the years, archivists, curators, librarians, and many others who care for and care about historical photographs have used this important publication as their complete reference handbook on all aspects of the identification and preservation of 19th-century photographic and photomechanical prints. The text presents technical information in plain, understandable language and is supported throughout by high-quality color reproductions showing the various print types and their forms of deterioration. The fine details of print structure are pictured in numerous photomicrographs.
A key feature of the book is its practical, detailed system for 19th-century print identification. The pull-out flowchart that comes with each book is an important component in this system. The front of the chart gives step-by-step guidance for identifying major print types. The reverse side of the chart shows examples of each print type and gives dates of use.
116 pages, soft cover, 8.5" x11", no quantity discount.