- Environmental Management
- Testing & Standards
- Imaging & Information Media
- PEM2 Datalogger
- PEM2 USB Flash Drive
- eClimateNotebook Basic
- eClimateNotebook Basic Plus
- eClimateNotebook Professional
- eClimateNotebook Professional Plus
- A-D Strips
- IPI MSQR
- Care and Identification of 19th-Century Photographic Prints
- IPI’s Guide to Sustainable Preservation Practices
- New Tools for Preservation
- Permanent Images: A Personal and Technical Memoir
- Pioneers of Photography Book
- Photographic Negatives Poster
- Motion Picture Film Poster
- Ordering Information
- The Atlas of Water Damage on Inkjet-printed Fine Art
Knowing and Protecting Motion Picture Film Poster
Knowing and Protecting Motion Picture Film Poster, 2010. Published by the Image Permanence Institute and developed with contributions from recipients of the both the AMIA Image Permanence Institute Internship in Preservation Research Award and recipients of the Image Permanence Institute L. Jeffrey Selznick School of Film Preservation Internship Award.
This large poster (47” x 35”) takes the viewer through the fascinating history of motion picture film materials. Using microscopy-imaging techniques, this poster features the striking characteristics of twelve distinct film materials from the silent era to present day. It features a time-line of motion-picture technology, a wide variety of motion picture film processes, tips for material identification, and basic knowledge on film formats and soundtracks. Also included is practical advice for film examination, a glossary of technical terms, and critical information needed for long-term preservation. Most notably, this poster is seen as an educational tool for understanding and ultimately preserving motion picture film materials.
Includes one poster (47" x 35").