- Environmental Management
- Testing & Standards
- Imaging & Information Media
Environmental Consulting Services
IPI provides a unique range of services designed to meet the needs of museums, archives, and libraries of all sizes. IPI Preservation Environment Specialists offer a background that combines an extensive knowledge of preservation and the impact of temperature and humidity on the rate of material decay with a holistic understanding of mechanical system design and operation.
Basic Environmental Monitoring and Data Analysis – Understand the Storage Environment and its Effect on Collections
Mechanical System Analysis and Optimization – Get the Best Storage Environment Possible from Your Current System
Mechanical System Design Consultation – Ensure that Investments in HVAC Upgrades Pay Off in Improved Storage Conditions
- Preservation Commissioning – Third Party Verification that Newly Installed Systems Provide Optimal Preservation and Energy Efficient Operation
IPI's Environmental Management Tools
Environmental monitoring is the necessary first step to sustainable preservation management in cultural institutions. IPI develops and produces the only environmental monitoring and data analysis tools designed specifically for use in cultural institutions.
- PEM2® - a highly-accurate temperature and humidity datalogger
- eClimateNotebook® - web-based environmental data analysis software
- IPI’s Preservation Metrics® - specially-designed calculations that allow easy analysis of chemical, biological, and mechanical decay rates to identify the level of collection risk in monitored locations
Education and Training Projects
IPI offers onsite environmental management training tailored to fit the needs of your institution. We can also present talks or workshops at your institution for both your staff and colleagues at neighboring organizations on a range of topics associated with preservation. Based on your interest, these presentations can include Sustainable Practices for Managing the Environment for Preservation, Developing an Environmental Monitoring Program, The Effect of Environment on Collection Materials, Energy Saving Opportunities in Cultural Institutions, and much more.
Contact Patricia Ford to discuss your needs: email@example.com